Sunday, 10 May 2015

Sushi, Soba and Apatheia

SUSHI











SOBA
















apatheia
"...apatheia, meant cleareyed judgement rather than lack of concern and is in line with one of Buddhism's greatest truths - all suffering is rooted in desire and indifference to passion is liberation. Tadao Ando, one of Japan's most famous architects, who fjorded the east-west divide to win the architecture Nobel, the Pritzker Prize, describes Japanese detachment as follows: "... the temple is made of wood. The divine spirit inside the building is eternal, so the enclosure doesn't have to be." It chimes with the early Stoics' argument "wherever I go it will be well with me, for it was well with me here, not on account of the place, but of my judgments which I shall carry away with me." 
from Zen and the art of stoic silence

No comments:

Post a Comment